♥Hi Edie! Hi Amy! Thank you for letting me play Pet Blogger Challenge with you! How fun!
1. When did you begin your blog?
♥October 8, 2011
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog?
3. Is your current purpose the same?
If so, how do you feel you’ve met your goals?
♥ Drawing the comics is very fun for me! If I get frustrated about anything career-related, I draw more pictures.
4. Do you blog on a schedule?
♥ I draw whenever I feel like drawing, or have a story line to tell, and post on a schedule!
If the former, how often — and what techniques do you use to stick to it?
♥ I started by posting a comic once a week and now I post Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I keep the original drawings of several comics ready and set them up to automatically post at midnight of the day they are scheduled. I set up about three drafts ahead of time.
5. Are you generating income from your blog?
♥ I have not yet, but I have a When I Grow Up I Want to be a VetZazzle Store with a few fun things and Ad Sense set up in the blog.
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)?
♥ I LOVE drawing, and I love being to share my happy attitude and some of what veterinary medicine has been like for me.
♥ I also love how it resonates with other people, and how I can include some of that in the comic.
7. What do you like least?
♥ Having so much to share is disturbing! It is not, of course, a literal autobiography, but it is based on some of the things I have experienced in my career as a veterinarian. Veterinary medicine is full to the top with good guys, but I seem to have spent time with the few who were less than awesome, and that is what I draw, for three reasons...
1) I don't need an outlet to process all the wonderful things I have experienced. I promise it way outweighs the bad!
2) Bad guys and horrible situations are really fun to draw.
3) The stories of the frustrating aspects of my veterinary career are more interesting and fun to read, I think. Especially, if you, like me, decided as a really little kid that you would be a veterinarian (whether you did in the long run or not!) because...pets are great! Who knew there could be so many other aspects of the career?? I like that my character is so child-like in some ways, even as a doctor, especially in her attitude of assuming and expecting the best.
8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2012?
♥ Happily, I should be all out of drama and grief soon, and will have mostly happy stories to share! Those are not as shocking, of course, and not as funny as some of the horrible situations, but from my perspective, I am ready to give the poor main character a break!